Open Access publishing opportunities for CSU authors
The California State University system has negotiated two open access agreements with the publishers Elsevier and ACS. These agreements cover the Article Processing Charge (APC) for a specified time, and allow CSU affiliated authors to publish Open Access in approved journals.
Why publish Open Access?
- Increase visibility and access to your work, as it is not behind a pay wall. This means that your work can reach more readers.
- Get it into the hands of researchers in less privileged universities/countries.
- An Article Publishing Charge can cost thousands of dollars depending on the journal. This fee is now covered under this agreement depending on if criteria are met.
Who is eligible?
- Corresponding author(s) must be affiliated with the CSU.
Which Journals are eligible?
- Elsevier-Agreement is based on manuscripts that are submitted between January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2024
- ACS-Agreement is based on manuscript acceptance date between January 1, 2022-Decmeber 31, 2025
These agreements were due to the stewardship of CSU Libraries and advocacy of CSU authors and readers. For more information about the agreements see these links: Elsevier agreement and ACS agreement.
For more information reach out to librarian Pam Kruger email@example.com