- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life
- Provides information on the cultures of the world, covering different areas of daily life including clothing, food, language and religion.
- Located in the Reference Collection on the 2nd floor of the Library under call number GN333 .W56 2009
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
- Presents easy-to-understand information on countries and dependencies from around the world. Entries discuss a variety of topics in detail, from banking and securities to climate, from government data to demographic statistics. Also includes biographical essays on national leaders.
- Available online
- Europa World Year Book
- Provides detailed country surveys containing analytical, statistical and directory data available for over 250 countries and territories.
- Located in the Reference Collection on the 2nd floor of the Library under call number JN1 .E85
Finding Books in the Library Catalog
You can browse books relevant to international studies by following these steps:
- Go to One Search on the Library's homepage.
- Select "Advanced Search" -- it appears underneath the One Search search prompt.
- Once at the advanced search screen, select "Books @ Chico"; then select "Subject" in the pull-down menu; then enter one one the following subject terms:
- [Name of country or region] followed by "social life and customs"
- Japan Social Life and Customs
- Middle East Social Life and Customs
- [Name of country or region] followed by "civilization"
- France Civilization
- India Civilization
- "National Characteristics" followed by [nationality]
- National Characteristics Canadian
- National Characteristics Indonesian
- [Name of Country] followed by "Description and Travel"
- Netherlands Description and Travel
- Egypt Description and Travel
- After entering your subject search term, click the search button.
- Here's an example of how a search for books on "India Civilization" would be entered in One Search:
Global Road Warrior
Global Road Warrior covers a broad range of information on individual countries. In addition to the usual demographic, economic, geography and government information, it also includes detailed information on business culture, greetings and courtesies, superstitions, stereotypes and much, much more.
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico