For more information, consult the
The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition (Call number: READY REF Z253 U69).
Style Manual for Political Science, revised edition (Call number: REF JA86.A52 2001)
Indexes, abstracts, and provides some full text of journals in all sub-disciplines of sociology. Also includes full text for 545 books and monographs, and full text for 6,601 conference papers.
Sociological Abstracts (Proquest)
Indexes and abstracts the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences.
Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
Indexes, abstracts, and some full text covering areas related to criminal justice and criminology.
International Political Science Abstracts
Indexing and abstracts articles from over 1,000 of the world's leading journals in political science and related disciplines. Access restricted to 1 user at a time.
Multi-disciplinary database providing full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. EBSCO
Abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations devoted to the peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. Journal coverage, which spans from the 1800s to the present, includes international material selected from around 2,500 periodicals.
Archive of back issues of core scholarly journals in the arts, business, humanities, sciences and social sciences. Does not provide the most current issues, usually has a rolling end date of 2-5 years.
It helps to narrow down and make your terms more specific.
For example if your research interest was freedom of speech and campaigns,
- First search your broader topic with your main keywords- community AND homeless
- The results returned will have your keywords somewhere in the record.
- Examine other terms to find synonyms that might also work- for example these might work for this example:
- Community social programs
- With these additional terms, start to narrow down your search in order to get more specific results. For example, the next search could be: community support AND shelters
> The result should be more items on your topic, with less searching.
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico