Find Articles by topic
Search for articles, books, course reserves, and more; all in one! Provides access to the majority of the library’s resources from a single entry point. OneSearch including the library's physical items and most of the library’s electronic content.
ABI / Inform
Scholary and trade journals, business magazines, dissertations, mostly full-text.
Business Source Premier
Scholarly and trade journals and business magazines. Most full-text, including Harvard Business Review.
Publisher's collection of full-text management journals
Characteristics of Scholarly Articles
- Lists cited references in bibliographies and footnotes
- Are written by an authority or expert in the field whose credentials are prominently stated
- Includes data derived from research with tables, graphs, and diagrams
- The language includes specialized terms and the jargon of the discipline
- Lengthy articles between 7-20 or more pages
- Contain original research, experimentation, theory, or in-depth studies in the field
- Advertising is minimal or non-existent (if you are looking at the print or PDF version)
Download What Is A Scholarly Article
for more characteristics and examples.
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico