Business; Economics; Computer Sciences, Construction & Manufacturing; Engineering
Articles from journals
Scholarly full-text economics, econometrics & finance journal articles from Elsevier.
Scholarly articles from economics and other disciplines. Does not provide the most current issues. Usually has a rolling end date of 2-6 years.
Search for articles, books, course reserves, and more; all in one! Provides access to the majority of the library’s resources from a single entry point. OneSearch including the library's physical items and most of the library’s electronic content.
ABI / Inform
Business & economics journals, some scholarly, many full-text. Also includes news wires, dissertations & working papers.
Business Source Premier
Scholarly & trade journals, most full-text. Also includes working papers.
Characteristics of a Scholarly Article
What Is A Scholarly Article handout
- Always cite their sources in the form of footnotes or bibliographies
- Are written by an authority or expert in the field whose credentials are prominently stated
- Contain original research, experimentation, or in-depth studies in the field
- The language includes specialized terms from the discipline
- Lengthy articles, typically more than 7 pages and often over 20 pages
- Often have a formal appearance with tables, graphs, and diagrams
- Advertising is minimal or non-existent (if you are looking at the print or PDF version)
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico