Mergent Online (database)
Financial details of over 13,000 active and inactive public companies listed on the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ exchanges, as well as over 24,000 non-U.S. active and inactive companies. Includes over 300,000 U.S. and international company annual reports.
Use Mergent Online to view details about public companies: names & salaries of executives, financial statements & balance sheets, stock ownership, company history, and financial filings.
Annual Reports to Shareholders:
- President's Letter for management strategy
- Sales by product, by brand, and by country
- Balance sheet and income statement
10-Ks filed with the SEC:
- Property ownership
- Legal issues
- Environmental impact
- Executive salaries
Annual Reports are available only for companies that sell shares on a stock exchange. On company web sites, find them in the "corporate" section, usually in a link to "Investor" or "Financial" information.
Other financial filings
The Security & Exchange Commission's EDGAR site offers other documents that public companies are required to file.
- Form 10-Q (quarterly financial statements)
- Form 10-K (annual financial statements)
- Form 8-K (current information)
- Form F-6 (foreign issuers)
- Form S-1 and registration statements (new issuers)
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico