SciFinder Scholar is Chemical Abstracts Service's research tool that provides access to the Chemical Abstracts databases, including Chemical Abstracts, the CAS Registry, and more.
Register for SciFinder Web
In order to use SciFinder Web you must first register. SciFinder's web-based user registration form allows you to create your own SciFinder username and password. After the form is complete, CAS sends an e-mail with instructions for completing the registration process. The registration process requires your Chico State e-mail address.
- Create an account using the "Register for SciFinder Web" link below. (NOTE: if you are off campus you will first need to authenticate using your Chico Portal UserID and password).
- Click next
- Enter your contact information (only your e-mail address is required- must be Chico State e-mail address.)
- Specify username and password. Username: 5-15 characters (May contain only a combination of: letters, numbers, these special characters: - . _ @). Password: 7-15 characters (Must include at least 3 of the following: letters, mixed upper and lowercase letters, numbers, non-alpha characters (, @ # % *))
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer
- Click register
- A message indicates that you will receive an e-mail from CAS. Check your e-mail to complete the registration.
After you have registered for an account, use these links to access SciFinder:
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico