ScholarWorks is a shared institutional repository that collects, preserves, and provides access to scholarship by research communities at The California State University, including Chico State. Collections include CSU faculty publications, student dissertations and theses, capstone projects, datasets, and teaching materials.
You can see previous Chico State Liberal Studies student Inquiring Paper Capstones in this collection:
Before you upload please save your Inquiring Paper Capstone as follows: Lastname-Firstname-Semester-Year-Class.pdf
You can submit files directly to ScholarWorks, where they will be reviewed by library staff and made available.
1. Navigate to ScholarWorks
Visit ScholarWorks at https://scholarworks.calstate.edu/ then navigate to the login in the upper right corner.
2. Login to Campus Login and Authenticate.
Choose Chico from the campus menu and login with campus account.
3. Dashboard navigate to Home
After login you will be taken to the Dashboard, from there select Home to take you back to the main page.
4. Share Your Work
Back on the main page, click on Share Your Work.
5. Select type of work
Select Student research, then select Create work.
6. Enter your name exactly as it appears on the title page of your work into the Creator field. Enter your permanent email address so we can contact you later if necessary. This is not your Chico State @mail.csuchico.edu, but maybe a Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or other email address.
8. Enter a Summary or Abstract of your work. This is a brief description of the content of your work.
9. Select type of Work-Capstone project
10. The default rights statement is: In Copyright-owned by creator, that is YOU!
11. Add Files
Select the Files tab at the top, add your file or drag and drop.
12. Select Visibility, we recommend Public for maximum discovery.
13. Read the Deposit Agreement and check, if you agree. When you have completed all the steps there will be all green boxes checked!
14. Remember to select Save.
That is it! You uploaded your capstone or final project.
Please note that it will take time for the library to review, remediate for ADA accessibility and catalog.
You should receive a verification email of your deposit. That looks similar to this:
You have received a new message:
Title of your capstone. (document #assigned) was submitted by Your Name (email address) and is awaiting approval.
Visit https://scholarworks.calstate.edu/ and go to your inbox for more info.
15. Find your link
You will see a Review and Approval page with the information you submitted. In addition, you will see a URL labeled "Handle." This is a persistent URL that you can use to link to your submission.
Again, congratulations Wildcat scholar.
If you have any questions you can reach us at: email@example.com
Special thanks to David Drexler of CSU Fresno for some of the text on this LibGuide.
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico