Got company? Need info?
If your company is traded on a U.S. stock exchange, there are many sources of information
For Public Companies:
Company web site - Look under "investor relations" section to read the Annual Report and SEC filings (10-K).
Public company databases - Find financial information databases such as Mergent, NetAdvantage & Factiva. Remember to use the correct parent company name (e.g. Pepsico not Pepsi)
News - Find articles about products, strategy, brand management, and exectuves in article databases such as Business Source Premier, ABI/Inform, Factiva, and on the web.
Company histories & corporate culture - Use books, encyclopedias & web sites.
For Private Companies:
If the company is private, use news sources and directories. Select the Private Company tab for search tips.
Types of company information
- Company strategy (Use annual reports and company history)
- Financial performance and ratios (Use public company databases)
- Stock prices and stock market (Use public company databases)
- Comparison of companies within an industry (Use competitor research and directories)
- Company histories give insight into product development and corporate culture.
Business |Economics | Librarian