Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Exhibits Policy
In furthering its educational mission, the Meriam Library maintains a program of exhibits and displays. The content and workmanship of exhibits should be of good quality, in keeping with the Meriam Library's educational and cultural mission. Meriam Library supports all campus and community groups’ right to express their opinions, and aims to create a safe place for appropriate display of controversial topics. However, displays in Meriam Library are prepared by and reflect the opinions, interests, and efforts of individual University persons or organizations or members of the wider community. No official University or Meriam Library endorsement is expressed or implied. Please note that questions and/or concerns will be directed to the campus or community organization.
Meriam Library has priority in reserving the cases for displaying information about its collections. When reservations are open, you can check the Promotions Display Calendar to see available dates and available cases.
Partnerships for Meriam Library displays are subject to interest and availability.
Meriam Library policy is adapted from Cal Poly Humboldt University Library
Guidelines for Creating Library Displays
Purposes of library displays:
- Celebrate different student organizations on campus
- Showcase events and activities
- Highlight library resources that provide additional information about the student groups, their events, and activities.
- Connect library users to the library, campus, and the community.
- Education library users
Display requests will be considered on the following basis:
- Preference will be given to library-related displays and themes.
- Preference will be given to displays that enhance the campus environment for diverse populations.
- Preference will be given to displays for designated heritage months.
- Preference will be given to displays that promote campus events and activities.
- Display materials must be presented to the Promotions Team four weeks prior to the proposed installation date.
- Displays will be up for a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of four weeks or a calendar month.
Meriam Library policy is adapted from University of West Georgia Library Ingram Library
Related documents from the American Library Association
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico