Business, Economics, & Art Librarian
Chat service is intended for CSU, Chico affiliated users.
Check US Industry Reports and US Specialized Industry reports for niche & emerging areas. Find Industry Outlook, Peformance & Operating Conditions.
Search by keyword, find customer demographics, target market, segmentation info. Accept the terms & sign up with your Chico email. Search by keyword
Offers over 1.5 million world-wide statistics covering markets, industries and societal topics.
Select the Industry Analysis tab
Strategy for the assignment
1. Understand the industry using IBISWorld, Statista, and Mergent Online. Use Encyclopedia of American Industries for historical background.
2. Use SWOT analyses from Business Source Premier to find strengths and weaknesses about a model company in your industry. Research other company sources.
3. Find trends and competitive environment in IBISWorld and Mintel.
4. Identify professional associations and mine their web sites for regulatory issues, legal matters, and (sometimes) marketing data.
5. Research government information and Economic Census data using NAICS codes.
More sources for industry research
Start with IBISWorld & Mintel.... if you need to dig deeper, try the other sources.
Use the Industry Analysis tab
Over 15,000 full-text news, business, and legal publications. Includes news coverage in national and regional newspapers, wire services, broadcast transcripts, international news, and non-English language sources; detailed company information and financial performance measures; and access to Shepard's Citations service for federal and state court cases.
meriam library | csu, chico