1. Understand the industry using IBISWorld, Statista, and Mergent Online. Use Encyclopedia of American Industries for historical background.
2. Use SWOT analyses from Business Source Premier to find strengths and weaknesses about a model company in your industry. Research other company sources.
3. Find trends and competitive environment in IBISWorld and Mintel.
4. Identify professional associations and mine their web sites for regulatory issues, legal matters, and (sometimes) marketing data.
5. Research government information and Economic Census data using NAICS codes.
Start with IBISWorld & Mintel.... if you need to dig deeper, try the other sources.
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico