Business, Economics, & Art Librarian
Chat service is intended for CSU, Chico affiliated users.
Strategy for the assignment
1. Select industry using IBISWorld, Mintel or NetAdvantage Industry Surveys
2. Use SWOT analyses in Business Source Premier to find strengths and weaknesses about a model company in your industry.
3. Find trends and competitive environment in IBISWorld, Mintel, NetAdvantage and Mergent Online (databases) & in Encyclopedia of American Industries (e-book/reference book).
4. Identify professional associations and mine their web sites for regulatory issues, legal matters, and (sometimes) marketing data.
5. Research government information and Economic Census data using NAICS codes
Sources for industry research
Research about US markets in over 100 industries, and almost 750 NAICS codes, including descriptive data on over 8000 US companies and data and analysis for over 500 economic and demographic series.
Comprehensive market research reports covering consumer products and services Create an account with your Chico email address; log in and click-through the copyright notice each time.
Reports about industries with public companies; look for current environment, market trends, technology issues. Use the Industry Reports tab, then the drop-down menu to select an Industry and Region (choose North America).
Meriam Library | CSU, Chico